1. DEFINING PERSONAL DATA
1.1 Type of Personal Data
Personal data means any information which relates directly or indirectly to you and which was collected or provided to Apex Pharma for the purposes stated in Section 2 below. Your personal information may encompass your name, identity card/passport number, date of birth, age, gender, nationality and race, photograph, education, occupation, job title, employment details, membership of professional associations, contact details including address, e-mail address, phone number and facsimile number, marital status, financial and banking account details, security recordings and location tracking information, and may include in certain cases, sensitive personal information relating to your health and pertinent details concerning your family members and other personal information which may be supplied to us from time to time.
1.2 Source of Personal Data We may collect personal data from you when you :
– communicate with us
– register interest and/or submit your application for employment with Apex Pharma
– register interest and/or request for information of our product(s) and/or service(s)
– register or subscribe for any of our product(s) and/or service(s)
– respond to any marketing materials we send out or distribute
– commence a business relationship with us
– visit any of our premises
– lodge a complaint with us
– provide feedback to us
– participate in any of our surveys
– enter into or participate in any event, workshop or programme run/
Other than personal information obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your personal information from third parties we deal with or are connected with you (previous employer(s), credit reference agencies or financial institutions), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of information relating to you, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
1.3 Obligatory Personal Data
All information requested for in the relevant forms is obligatory to be provided by you unless stated otherwise. Should you fail to provide the obligatory information, we will not be able to process your application, request and/or provide you with the relevant product(s) or service(s).
2. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
Apex Pharma will keep your personal data confidential but you hereby consent and authorise Apex Pharma to disclose your personal data to relevant third parties (in and/or outside Malaysia) including:
Third parties appointed by us to provide services to us or on our behalf (for example auditors, lawyers, company secretary, consultants, contractors, professional advisors, service providers, printing companies, contractors, business partners, conference/training/event organiser, other advisors, travel agencies and insurance companies) Any related, affiliated and subsidiaries or associated companies of Apex Pharma Property management/utility/security companies for management of property purchased; and Relevant government agencies, statutory authorities, local council and industry regulators.
3. STORAGE AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data will be stored either in hard copies in our premises or stored in servers located in Malaysia and will either be operated by us or our appointed service providers, consultants or advisors. Apex Pharma does not rent or sell your personal data to third parties. Apex Pharma will retain your personal data for the period necessary to fulfill the legal requirements of data retention as stipulated by the respective laws of Malaysia or to protect our interests.
4. PERSONAL DATA INTEGRITY AND SECURITY
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal data we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete, not misleading and up-todate. We shall keep and process your data in a secure manner. We endeavour, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
In the event that transfer of your personal data outside of Malaysia is rendered necessary for the performance of the services required of us, the transfer of data will be done in accordance with the requirements of the PDPA and you are deemed to have consented to the said data transfer.
5. ACCESS AND CORRECTION TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You have the qualified right to access and correct your personal data held by us and in this respect, you may:
– check if we hold or use your personal data and request access to your personal data;
– request for correction of any of your personal information which is inaccurate, incomplete or not up-todate;
– request for explanation on the policies and procedures in respect of your personal data provided to Apex Pharma; – request Apex Pharma to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes;
– request Apex Pharma to limit the process of your personal data, including personal data limiting to the persons who may be identified from your personal data; and
– inform Apex Pharma on your withdrawal (in full or in part) of your consent given previously to Apex Pharma subject to any applicable
– restrictions, contractual conditions and a reasonable duration of time for the withdrawal of consent to be effected. You may notify us in writing if you do not wish to receive any marketing materials from us and we shall immediately remove you from our marketing contact list.
We recommend that requests for access to your personal data be made in writing. We may also require you to provide us with additional information reasonably required to process your request.
Please note that under the PDPA, we have the right to refuse your requests to access or correct your personal data for certain reasons permitted under the PDPA. We have the right to also charge an administrative fee for responding to your requests.
6. YOUR OBLIGATIONS REGARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You are responsible for informing us about changes to your personal data and for ensuring that such information is accurate, up-to-date and complete.
If you are using our website, you must remember to exit the browser window after use to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal data.
7. CONTACT INFORMATION
If you have any queries, please contact us at +603-56376888 from Monday to Friday (8.15am – 5pm, excluding public holidays) or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org